Smartculture
http://www.smartculture-webgis.eu/st-dimitrios-of-eleousa/?lang=en
Export date: Sat Dec 14 8:17:25 2019 / +0000 GMT

St. Dimitrios of Eleousa


The foundation of the monument dates back to the Byzantine period, in the late 12th century. This is a one-room wooden roof basilica, which from the first period of building has retained only a portion of the east wall. There are preserved murals around 1230 AD In the early 17th century the church was rebuilt, expanded and decorated again. According to the inscription on the entrance of the monument, the work took place in 1609. When the monument was raised by the dimensions in the 17th century to the north and west side, the constructional philosophy of the roof changed. The connections of the pieces of wood reveal miscalculations of the craftsmen. Most timber comes from the reconstruction of the 17th century, like those, which was inexplicably removed from the canopy of the external wall on the south side.
Post date: 2014-12-08 11:06:35
Post date GMT: 2014-12-08 09:06:35

Post modified date: 2014-12-08 11:06:35
Post modified date GMT: 2014-12-08 09:06:35

Export date: Sat Dec 14 8:17:25 2019 / +0000 GMT
This page was exported from Smartculture [ https://smartculture-webgis.eu/demo ]
Export of Post and Page has been powered by [ Universal Post Manager ] plugin from www.ProfProjects.com