Smartculture
http://www.smartculture-webgis.eu/st-nikolaos-of-petriti/?lang=en
Export date: Wed Nov 13 23:28:14 2019 / +0000 GMT

St. Nikolaos of Petriti


The original Byzantine church with murals on a part of the east wall from the late 14th century, was restored in the post-Byzantine period. the repairs were focused on the southern and western wall, where expanded. Extended decoration took place in the church in the 19th century. the nave was wall-painted and the chancel was painted over.the painter Macheras took over the decoration. The painting was preserved on the eastern wall from the Byzantine period was destroyed partly by overpainting in 1897. In the sanctuary the Virgin Platytera of heaven, the Communion-Transmission and officiating hierarchs Basil the Great and John Chrysostom are represented . The representation of the Annunciation exists on the east wall . The timber roof has been renewed in the early 19th century. They have retained some old wood, which have been placed in different positions.
Post date: 2014-12-09 11:05:39
Post date GMT: 2014-12-09 09:05:39

Post modified date: 2014-12-09 11:05:39
Post modified date GMT: 2014-12-09 09:05:39

Export date: Wed Nov 13 23:28:14 2019 / +0000 GMT
This page was exported from Smartculture [ https://www.smartculture-webgis.eu/demo ]
Export of Post and Page has been powered by [ Universal Post Manager ] plugin from www.ProfProjects.com