Smartculture
http://www.smartculture-webgis.eu/st-three/?lang=en
Export date: Sat Dec 14 8:33:28 2019 / +0000 GMT

St. Three


This church is an one-roomed , aisled basilica with later additions with the form of open porches on the north and south side. When these were added, the west side of the church was restored. The interior of the church was filled with paintings. But the murals were covered with lime, maybe after the liberation of the Turks . Attempts for the disclosure of the murals were made by conservators. Thus, apart from some figures of saints, the dedicatory inscription of the church appeared. The murals were created in 1401.

The mural is contemporary with the construction of the church. The restoration of the western side and the modern construction of open porches bear features from the 19th century. During this procedure, the roof of the church was partially restored. The painting is of good quality and offers great information on the art of Kastoria in the early 15th century. It is dedicated to the memory of three saints; Gourios, Samonas and Aviv. On the temple there is a picture of the Virgin Portaitissa, with the date 1701 on it.
Post date: 2014-12-05 11:01:56
Post date GMT: 2014-12-05 09:01:56

Post modified date: 2014-12-05 11:01:56
Post modified date GMT: 2014-12-05 09:01:56

Export date: Sat Dec 14 8:33:28 2019 / +0000 GMT
This page was exported from Smartculture [ https://smartculture-webgis.eu/demo ]
Export of Post and Page has been powered by [ Universal Post Manager ] plugin from www.ProfProjects.com